How to choose a bracelet with diamonds
Published in category Bracelets 22.08.2016
High-quality, properly sized bracelet with diamonds does not cause discomfort when wearing. There are several types of bracelets, and initially you need to determine which type is most preferable to you. After that you can choose the specific model.
Types of diamond bracelets
- Bracelets in the form of a thin, elegant and durable rim, freely holds on the wrist. Many women prefer to wear several of these rims; as a result, the sun shimmering diamonds form a slight glow wrist.
- A wide This jewelry can be solid or with gap that facilitates putting on the hand. Such silver or gold bracelets with diamonds cannot be called cheap. They appeal to the eye, showing the financial position of the woman. The disadvantage of this bracelet is its massiveness, so it would be looking better at the hand of the chubby ladies than on skinny girl.
- Chain bracelet. When choosing this type of jewelry special attention should be paid to the buckle. It should be easy to use and reliable enough. Usually the ends of a bracelet decorated with precious stones, having a cabochon facet. Stretching is the disadvantage of this type of bracelet with diamonds. Whatever the product quality may be, after a certain time it will be stretched, and then broke. This is happened due to the subtlety of the bracelet.
Anyway better try to wear bracelets of each type to understand how they are comfortable when wearing. Only then choose a suitable jewelry, not forgetting to pay attention to the diamonds itself. If the gold or silver diamond bracelet looks great on the hand and polished sheen lends a special charm to the skin, then you should buy it. If you feel any discomfort - not buy it.
Looking for diamonds
When choosing bracelet with diamonds, first of all, you need to pay attention on cut gems. The most popular round cut. There are other fancy shapes that will look original and interesting, but the standard cut gives the diamond more brilliance and sparkle as well as a fully thought out in terms of optical properties. Therefore, diamond round cut is more expensive.
Also pay attention to the color of a diamond. It is believed that these gemstones are transparent, but this is not true. Brilliant with yellow tint will be a little cheaper. But pink, blue or bright yellow stones are very rare and therefore expensive. Purple diamond bracelet is very beautiful and luxury.
Main types of gem settings
It is important to pay attention on how the gemstones are mounted.
- Prong diamond setting is the most common way of fixing stones in jewelry. In this case, the diamond is placed in a special hole in metal and secured using prongs. This method is fairly safe and that is a clear advantage, showing the stone in all its glory. Four prongs is a classic setting style, but six prongs or even multiple prongs offering more security. Disadvantage of this setting style is the lack of a smooth surface.
- Gemstones can be located in a recess in the middle of bracelet throughout its entire length. This method allows achieving a smooth surface of the product; it is more reliable than the previous one, but more expensive, as it requires more time and effort in manufacturing.
- Paved bracelet with diamonds. Diamonds are placed in the recess and fixed flush with its surface. This is a fairly reliable way of fastening, you can realize the most daring design ideas, but these jewels look more massive. Also in this setting style exist a risk of damaging stones and it's impossible to achieve a smooth surface of the bracelet.
- Diamonds are inserted into the recess, which is arranged transversely to the product, while the gems remain completely unprotected from sides.
- Invisible basis. In this case, the diamonds are placed so closely to each other, it seems that the lack of complete basis. This method allows you to create maximum shine, but if the stones are set poorly, they can easily fall out.